Every second Sunday of the month we cook up a feast that is open to all and free! From 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. people come and go, enjoy a good meal and great company.
We started God’s Grub as a simple community meal to serve hungry people, but soon found that the greater need fed was an opportunity for people to come together and to make new friends.
- Food collection for the Big Lake Community Food Shelf
- Raising funds and collecting supplies for Rivers of Hope, which offers support for victims of family violence.
- Partner with Backpack Buddies to provide food for kids on the free and reduced lunch program so they have something to take home with them on the weekends.
- Blanket tying for residents of local retirement homes.
- Provide items like clothing and toys for children entering the foster care system with The Forgotten Initiative.
- Partnering with Great River Faith in Action which serves those in need in the Sherburne county and beyond.
- Partnering with other community groups to provide activities and crafts for those children attending the Summer Meal Program at our local school.