Every second Sunday of the month we cook up a feast that is open to all and free! From 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. people come and go, enjoy a good meal and great company.
We started God’s Grub as a simple community meal to serve hungry people, but soon found that what people enjoyed most was not just the delicious food but the chance to be together and make new friends.
Every year during the summer, we come together to accomplish 100+ projects for Big Lake residents with a need, in an event we call We Can Be The Change. Projects that we have done range from building a wheelchair ramp, to painting, to yard work, and more! Our focus during this event is not just on completing the projects, but on the relationships discovered, built, and strengthened in the process.
We always come away feeling that we received more than we gave from the amazing people that we have the opportunity to help.
- Food collection for the Big Lake Community Food Shelf
- Raising funds and collecting supplies for Rivers of Hope, which offers support for victims of family violence.
- Partner with Backpack Buddies to provide food for kids on the free and reduced lunch program so they have something to take home with them on the weekends.
- Blanket tying for residents of local retirement homes.
- Provide items like clothing and toys for children entering the foster care system with The Forgotten Initiative.
- Partnering with Great River Faith in Action which serves those in need in the Sherburne county and beyond.
- Partnering with other community groups to provide activities and crafts for those children attending the Summer Meal Program at our local school.